Glade is part of the United Church of Christ (UCC), a vibrant denomination that lives out a belief that God is still speaking. “Never place a period where God has placed a comma” has become a meaningful identity statement for UCC congregations worldwide as we spread our message of extravagant welcome.
Although formation of the UCC became official in 1957 (after a merger with the Congregational Christian Churches and the Evangelical and Reformed Church), our denominational roots and milestones predate the United States itself. (Here are some UCC “firsts.”)
Today, under one collective identity, we can enthusiastically lift up that the UCC is a welcoming, justice-minded Christian community. At a time when religion is too often portrayed as narrow-minded and exclusive, we in the UCC raise our voices for an alternate vision where…
- God is all-loving and inclusive
- The Church of Jesus Christ welcomes and accepts everyone as they are
- Your mind is nourished as much as your soul
- Jesus the healer meets Jesus the revolutionary
- Together we grow a just and peaceful world
To learn more about the UCC, visit http://ucc.org.